Coaching | Mentoring | Business mentoring | Resilience
- Trust your gut. You know your business and customer better than anyone.
- Get as many opinions as you can but don’t be afraid to make your own final decision.
- It doesn’t need to be 100% perfect first time. Sometimes this immobilises you and it’s better to get on and do while you make improvements.
- Don’t be afraid of being told no. It’s better to know it’s a no, so that you can turn it into a ‘not yet’ and then a ‘yes’.
- Saying ‘no’ to things is the hardest thing to do. It feels counter intuitive to choose not to progress with opportunities but sometimes opportunities take you away from what you should be focusing on.
- Resilience is key, don’t give up when things get tough. Instead, take a step back and look for different ways to do things.
- Always be prepared for things to take longer than you expect.
- There’s no such thing as a no brainier. Beware the people who use that phrase especially when trying to influence your decision.
- Your exit strategy shouldn’t be your business strategy. It’s important to have an exit strategy but making that your primary goal means you will make different decisions than if you were growing a business.
- Have fun! If you’re having fun, your customers will get a better experience and you will build a community of people who support you and your business around you, and this can be worth its weight in gold when times get tough.
To learn more about the business mentoring options we offer, take a look here.